- Are you an applied researcher or program evaluator looking for a position with a growing consulting firm?
- Are you a self-starter?
- Are you proficient in quantitative & qualitative data analysis?
- Are your written and verbal communication skills strong?
- Do you value excellence and collaboration?
- Are you wanting to make a difference for individuals and communities?
If so – let us know by applying to join our team of professional evaluators!
WHO ARE WE?
EVALCORP is a growing measurement and planning consulting firm headquartered in south Orange County, CA (Irvine area). We provide needs assessment, evaluation and strategic planning services to government agencies and nonprofits. Our team is hardworking, ambitious, and fun! We work with agencies who deliver services in the fields of: public health, mental health, criminal justice, and education. Our values: Excellence, Client Service, Collaboration and Trust.
Learn more about us at http://www.evalcorp.com.
We are currently seeking Research Assistants to support our project teams.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, we stay busy
- Coordinate and schedule data collection activities with clients
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection activities (stakeholder interviews, focus groups, surveys, document reviews)
- Maintain project datasets, including entering, verifying, cleaning, coding, etc.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses
- Summarize data in tables, graphs/charts and narrative formats
- Create graphics, charts and “data viz” type formats for communicating data simply
- Assist with writing evaluation reports and other client deliverables
- Assist with client training/delivery
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Conduct other activities as needed to support project teams in the firm
- Master’s degree in psychology or an applied social science
- One year or more of full-time evaluation or similar applied research experience
- Highly organized, can produce work on multiple projects on time
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Highly computer proficient (e.g., Microsoft Office, SPSS or R or JASP, internet, Qualitative data analysis software)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is key to success
- Preferred: Fluency in Spanish preferred (verbal and written)
- Preferred: Experience working in or with a non-profit and/or government agency
- Preferred: Subject matter expertise in criminal justice, public health or mental health
- Valid driver’s license and access to own transportation
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work in a fast-paced environment that is highly responsive to client needs
- Flexible and adaptable
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client and firm data and information
- Maintain professional interactions with clients, colleagues
- Actively listen and remember key points from communication with others
- Manage time and work productively and independently
- Work within teams and autonomously
- Follow instructions
- Appropriately take initiative to identify challenges and potential solutions
- Travel to firm office and to client locations (eventually)
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Do what you love to do and are great at – with a stellar team!
- Make a difference with data – help strengthen communities
- Competitive pay and benefits (dental, vision & health insurance; PTO; 401K plan; insurance for pets too!)
To Apply: Please submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.