EVALCORP is a fast-paced, dynamic consulting firm located in the Irvine area of Southern California. We specialize in program evaluation, needs assessment and strategic planning consulting services. Our primary clients are government agencies and community-based nonprofits. Our core content areas include: criminal justice, public health, mental health, alcohol/other drug prevention, child welfare and education. We provide outstanding client service through high-quality, utilization-focused reports and services. We are currently seeking a part-time Data Analyst, which may lead to permanent full-time work (to begin this role would be 20-25 hours weekly).
The Data Analyst is primarily responsible for making data requests; creating data analysis plans; managing and integrating datasets; analyzing more simple to more complex data through descriptive and inferential statistical analyses; and supporting project teams across a variety of analytic support needs. The Data Analyst works closely with EVALCORP Project Leads to write and create “findings reports” that are high-quality and user-friendly for our clients.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree statistics, psychology or related field
- Two or more years of full-time experience conducting statistical analyses, including work with large and complex datasets
- Advanced SPSS or similar statistical software proficiency
- Expertise in quantitative research design, analysis and interpretation, including knowledge of experimental, quasi-experimental, and other applied research designs
- Highly computer proficient (including Microsoft Office)
- Accuracy, attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- High-level critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with criminal justice, education, and/or public health data highly preferred
- Consult on development of data collection tools, administrative data requests, data analysis plans, and interpretation of data/results
- Establish and manage multiple datasets/databases of varying complexity and size, including documenting all data manipulation code for cleaning, validating, merging, re-configuring, etc.
- Pro-actively identify any data integrity or quality issues and work with project team to address
- Conduct and document descriptive and inferential statistical analyses
- Create visual presentations and written summaries of data findings for use with clients
- Participate in client meetings and presentations as needed
- May involve conducting data collection activities, including but not limited to: interviews, focus groups, surveys, document reviews, meeting observations
To Apply: Please submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.